Interactions between HAART and complementary therapies for Women

There seems to be little information on interractions between HAART and complementary therapies for women. In particular, herbal preparations. Do you know of any research or can you point me to any useful information? Many Thanks! Sera Pinwill Women, HIV & Health Promotion ACON, Sydney, Australia

Your point is well taken. There is little good pharmacokinetic data for any of the alternative drugs (garlic and St Johns wort have been studied) and key HIV meds. Almost none of the data is gender specific. I have to rely on several computer programs, websites, and books that try to keep track of drug interactions (as well as work with a knowledgeable pharmacist to keep my on the straight and informed path) for my information. Do you know of any good sites with gender specific info on alternative meds and HIV treatment?? KH

Videx 100mg,kaletra,Azt 600mg daily
positive since 1985