Drug interactions with Viagra
Mar 26, 2003
Regarding the patient who had ED and headaches with sildenafil, one explanation may be that his sildenafil dose was too high. Two of his antiretrovirals, lopinavir and amprenavir,interfere with hepatic metabolism of sildenafil. I have seen recommendations to take either 12.5 mg of 25 as a starting dose.
Response from Dr. Henry
Correct-ritonavir and other PIs can interact with Viagra causing very high levels with more side effects. Reduced doses of Viagra are recommended. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.