soft bowel movements

I was recently informed that I am HIV positive. I have soft bowel movements everday. This has been going on for a few years. I am not on any meds, but have been told this might be caused by HIV. Is there anything that I can take over the counter to stop this. I have tried Pepto. once a day and bananas, but they only work temp. Please help

Response from Dr. Boyle

It may be related to HIV or a complication of HIV, or it may not be. The first thing to do is to figure out what's causing it. So, you should consider paying your doctor a visit and getting a workup, it he/she thinks that is appropriate. Bulk forming agents and anti-diarrheals may also help, such as Fibercon and Imodium, respectively, but I would be reluctant to use these until I had a better idea what was causing your problem.

taking meds
Best treatment for Molluscum