Meds Off or Stop/Start Therapy(2)

Dear Doctor Keith Henry

Thanks so much for your recommendation.

Writing this is just confirming what i have to do for medication off:

1. Prior to meds off, I shall add Tenofovir or Abacavir in the current meds (AZT, 3TC, and Stocrin). Am I right?

2. If yes, How long will I have to take these 4-drug regimen?

3. After doing 2., I start stopping Stocrin 3-4 days before stopping the other meds. Am I right?

4. After stopping the entire regimen, how often will I have to check levels of CD4 and Viral Load?

5. What levels of CD4 and Voral Load are for coming time to restart regimen?

6. Shall I have to do resistance test? Which test do u recommend between Genotype or Phenotype?

Awaiting your answer

Thanks and best reagrds

It is not appropriate for me to provide explicit details since there may be many aspects of your prior treatment that could impact how to approach the isse of how to safely stop treatment. Your HIV specialist is the best person to review the wisdom of the plan and to fine tune the details to make sure your health and future treatment options is not compromised. KH

amitriptyline and dry mouth
Changing meds to stop lypo