Keeping My Miracle

I'M 28, 1997 HIV AT PREGNANCY CHILD NOW IS STILL FINE.I WAS THEN TOLD 2001 AIDS THEN 2002

NO TCELLS THEN IN 2 MONTHS UNDETECTABLE. I TAKE KALETRA, VIREAD EPIVIR DAPSONE DIFFUCLAN AND ON MY LAST DOXCYLINE FOR A BOIL ON MY CHIN. I HAVE ITCHING ALOT FACE, CHEST, ARMS, NECK, BACKAND SCALP. THESE LITTLE SORES THAT ITCH I GOT THE BEST DOCTOR IN THE AREA. THIS NUTRITIONIST TOLD ME TO GET SOME LILLY OF VALLEY ALOE JUICE AND START EATING APPLES EVERYDAY TO DETOX... I HAVE RANDOM RECTAL ITCHING BUT GAIN MY WEIGHT BACK AND THEN SOME HE HAD ME ON A STEROID PACK AND MY FACE CLEAR GREAT BUT YOU ONLY TAKE THAT UNTIL THE PACK IS FINISHED. WHAT CAN I DO TO KEEP MY SKIN AS BLEMISH FREE AS POSSIBLE? I DON'T IF I NEED TO STOP EATING SUGAR (TABLE) I NEED TO KNOW THE BEST FOODS FOR MY MEDS AND A GREAT EXCERCISE PLAN FOR MY AGE. I HEARD SOMETHING STATED ABOUT CELLUTIS I USE GET MANY TIMES AS YOUTH ,TEENAGER,AND ADULT AND NONE OF THOSE TIMES DID I HAVE SEX W/ A MAN. I WAS BORN W/ A CLEFT-PALATE,AND A HEART MURMUR, AND BAD ALLERGIES AS A CHILD. AT 23 I HAD FIRST CHILD A VAGINAL SUCCESSFUL BIRTH NO HIV FOR THE BABY AND ME EITHER BUT I GOT SICK AND IT STARTED AGAIN I GOT WORSE..CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE SOME TIPS TO HELP GET RID OF ITCHING, AND SO ON. MY IS ALSO DRYER NOW SOME CHEAP QUICK WAYS OTHER THAN EXPENSIVE MEDICINE THAT MAKE YOU SLEEP. WAYS TO HELP DRINK MORE WATER. THANKYOU THANKYOU PS I SO MUCH TO SAY I WAS TRYING GIVE SHORT DETAILS SO I COULD REALLY GET THE PROBLEM GONE. I WENT TO THE DERMOTOL., NOT REALLY A BIG HELP NEED ANOTHER ONE

If you have seen a dermatologist and he/she was unable to help then you probably have a challenging situation. It is hard to say without an examination whether you might have folliculitis of some sort, seborrhea, and some other problem. I sometimes have success using ketoconazole shampoo as a soap once to twice daily for the involved areas. Sometimes switching from Diflucan to Sporonox or stopping the oral antifungal could help (trial and error approach). If you aren't taking the doxycycline anymore some UV light (which includeds sunlight)sometimes can help some skin conditions. I would continue pushing the dermatologist and your HIV docs to keep trying things until something finally works (I have a hard time with that problem inmany patients but eventually something is usually helpful). KH

Exposure to efavirenz in late pregnancy
3 monthly injections?