Mar 20, 2003
How comon is it for a toenail fungus to spread to your fingernails? If it did spread to the fingernails and the affected person worked with a materials that came in contact with bodily fluids could it be spread to another person or does it only spread by nail to nail contact?
Response from Dr. Henry
Toenail fungus in the setting of HIV infection can be a frustrating problem to clear up (often would take > 3-6 months of treatment). Fortunately the infection rarely spreads to fingernails and is not very infectious to other people. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Spots After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Shingles After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Pathophysiology Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.