|amitriptyline and libido
Mar 16, 2003
Ever since I had a stem cell transplant two years ago for AIDS-related Non Hodgkins Lymphoma, it has been an uphill battle to reclaim my previous libido. I'm doing testosterone and levels are fine. Recently I started low-dose (10 mg) amitriptyline for sleep interuptions. A friend then said that this can cause reduced libido. Is this true, and would 10 mg. have such an effect? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Although that is possible that low dose usually does not result in noticeable decreased libido. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Headache After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Shingles After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.