Combivir as PEP/Side effects

I was prescribed a 30-day regimen of Combivir after possible exposure to a sex worker's blood.

I am now two weeks into it, and I am suffering pretty badly from swollen glands and a sore throat, plus stiff neck. No other symptoms.

My question: Do these side effects ameliorate when my system gets more accustomed to the med? Or are they likely to continue throughout the treatment? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Boyle

The side effects you are describing are not those commonly associated with combivir. Call your doctor, tell him/her about the symptoms and ask to be seen and re-evaluated soon. If the symptoms worsen suddenly, you should go to the ER.

Ugly veins
side effects