Longest surviving person on meds?

I would like to know how long can one be on medication? What is the average time that people live who are on meds? One doc told me eventually I will be resistant to all drugs. How true is this? Does the body eventually just give in or get tired or do most people die from the ling term effects of being on such strong drugs? Please answer! Thank you

I have some patients who are doing well at > 10 years. Newer regimens have better outcomes so the end of their benefit is not in sight. I tell patients that we are on a > 20 year plan and that I expect most of them to do well over that time period. Patients who are doing well and taking their meds religiously are in good shape to do well for an extended period of time (the drugs are still too new to predict the future fully). KH

avn requires hip replacement
Ugly veins