alternative treatments

Hi there. I am not sure which forum to direct this question to, so forgive me in advance if it is not your area. I will get to the point. My CD4 is 400, VL undetc. Hiv+ for 5 years. take combivir and nevirapine. I have been thinking about adding more supplements to my daily vitamin regime. One of these is co-enzyme Q 10 Is it safe to take with meds? Also, because of low energy and weight loss, I have been thinking about using glutamine and/or DHEA. any Reactions there? Have you heard about a synthetic testosterone called nor-androstenedione/diol ? I heard that it can be used for when you are coming off of a steriod cycle to help with the effects of low testosterone.Is this so?

thanks in advance for your time.

For low testosterone I recommend testosterone replacement via patch or gel. To learn more about alternative treatment doses I suggest you read Jon Kaiser's book Healing HIV or go to the www.daair.org website. In general co-enzyme Q seems safe to take with HIV meds but not formally studied. In general glutamine and DHEA are OK to take with your HIV meds. KH

Thromboyctopenia
Gabapentin & Neuropathy