Sustiva & Sleep

I have been on Sustiva for close to 4 years. My viral load is undetectable and my cd-4 count is 649 up from 88. I like the regimen but I never seem to be well rested. I continue to dream every night all night. If I wake up and go back to sleep I dream again. Could this be interupting my sleep patterns causing my feeling sleepy all the time. I work so I can not take a nap in the afternoon. Is there anything I could do to lesser the effect of the medication. I would try to take it in the morning but the few times I have taken it and stayed up I felt disconnected.

You could consider switching to nevirapine if you haven't previously failed drugs. I sometimes prescribe low dose trazadone, amitryptiline (preferred) or lorazepam to help with Sustiva sleep disorders. KH

Small Pox vaccination
VIDEX EC & VIREAD FOOD QUESTION