Crixivan and Frozen Shoulder

I'm on Norvir boosted Crixivan and Combivir. I get sharp pains in my shoulder when I try to do simple things like tuck in the back or my shirt or comb the back of my hair. My doctor thinks it's Frozen Shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) probably brought on by the Crixivan. I'm having trouble finding more information on the subject. Can you elaborate?

Response from Dr. Boyle

While Crixivan (indinavir) is associated with arthralgias (joint aches), I am unaware of any association with adhesive capsulitis. I would suggest a further evlauation, in particular to rule out avascular necrosis, a condition that occurs at a relatively high rate in HIV-infected persons, involves damage to the joint and presents in some patients with symptoms like you are describing. While it generally is worse in the weight bearing joints (like the hips) it can occur in the shoulders as well.

Sore bumps in throat
Where do you see it