Tendon pain and muscle weakness

Dear doctor, I started a new combo on December 1st: Agenerase (8x2), trizivir(1x2). I am also scheduled to add sustiva and 1 ritonavir to boost Agenerase since my CD4 are low 169 and viral is high (49000). But I am not feeling quite up to the challenge to add the last two. In early January I experienced sharp pain in my left groin area. I thought it was an injury (I had not been working out anyway). I have been taking Vioxx, using heat pads and resting. I saw a urologist and he said everything looks good. I had an U-Sound, IPV and two urine tests. The pain I experience is next to the tendon ( adductor I believe) and feels like somebody punch me real hard. Well it has been 7 weeks and now I feel muscle pain on both side of the groin and back pain on the right side. It is very uncomfortable. Like my thighs were about to fail after a marathon. In addittion, I am experiencing abdominal cramps that resolve when I pass gas. For that I saw a colon doctor and he said that the colonoscopy was normal. Stools are loose but only once or twice a day. The rest of the muscles feel OK. I feel very frustrated and I am trying to see if it is the drugs or some strange injury. I am trying to schedule an appointment with a sport medicine spec to see if he can help. I am also starting Yoga classes for relaxation. Any help will be appreciated!

Are you taking any other meds. I would make sure your muscle enzymes are OK. Sometimes hip pain can go to the groin and back(such as aseptic necrosis of the hip). If you have failed other PIs in the past I would add the ritonavir sooner rather than later. I would have a thorough examination to make sure there is no evidence for any edema or evidence of vascular compromise. KH

Any Info On
Sustiva dosing and nausea