Feb 19, 2003
Can you shed any light on what, if any, of the preliminary reports on fusion inhibitors may include as far as side effects? I guess I am assuming they have done some human trials??
| Response from Dr. Henry
T-20 = Fuzeon is the only fusion inhibitor soon to be more widely available. Since it acts outside of cells (blocking fusion) its toxicity would be expected to be low and that has been the case in major clinical trials conducted to date. The major adverse reaction involves pain/discomfort at the injection site (must be injected subcuteously twice a day) which is severe enough to cause about 3-5% of patients to quit taking the drug. Other side effect rates have been low during the first 6-12 months of follow-up. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.