Switching times of taking Sustiva

I've been taking Sustiva for the past 9 months and Combivir for the past 6. Since being diagnosed with HIV June 2002, I've had problems with sleep. I sleep approx. 3-4 hours and then wake up and can't go back to sleep. I've been reading that this may be a side effect of Sustiva. I take Sustiva at bedtime, if I take Sustiva in the morning, would this help me sleep better? My doctor has prescribed Ativan to help, but he doesn't want to do that on a regular basis as it is addictive. I take over the counter sleep aids to help me sleep, but don't get a real fit sleep, wake up 2-3 times a night. Thank you.

Often switching to AM dosing of Sustiva helps out folks who experience the problems you relate. You could take one Sustiva somewhat earlier than usual (before supper) and then take the next dose in the AM as you try to transition to AM dosing. It may take a week or so to evaluate whether you get anywhere with that.

KH

Exercise and fatigue
Heart frequency