muscle or fat

Great web site- your work and efforts will be rewarded! I have a question: I take 3tc, viramune, and abacavir- twice daily. My body weight is stable at 174, my waist size is stable at 30-32, my cd4 count is between 300-450. I have what seems like fasciculations over my body- kinda like body twitches and usually after the twitch there is loose skin. I do not know if it is fat or muscle. What do you think may be going on? I know that this is a shot in the dark, but with the sum total of all your knowledge, your guess will be better than mine. I go to the gym mon-friIm an avid squash playerIm on the court 1-3 hours/day. I eat well, digestion is good. Please help is you can.

Sincerely, confused.

Ken (Canada)

Twitches such as you describe are more likely nerves in origin (muscle fasiculations often due to the nerves innervating the muscle). Assuming your electrolytes (Na, K, Ca) are OK and that you have no evidence for lactic acidosis I would ask to see a neurologist for an evaluation if the twitches you describe bother you or are getting worse. KH

still suffering
Exercise and fatigue