Toenail Fungus

Here's another question I have regarding toenail fungus. Over the past few years, I've have toenail fungus and my doctor said it wasn't much to worry about. A year and a half ago, I decided to try again and my doctor prescribed a medication for me. (As I write this e-mail, I cannot remember the medication name). Anyway, he stated that treatment for the fungus is somewhat taxing on the liver. I started the therapy but stopped as I developed a crixivan kidney stone shortly after that. This medication is not covered my insurance and is quite expensive. I want to try again to work on this problem. Is there another treatment for toenail fungus you could recommend. I think over the last two years, I've lost at least two nails on each toe. Any suggestions you may have will be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Larry Z

Treatment options include: terbinafine 250 mg daily for 12 weeks (30 tabs= $234.15) itraconazole 200 mg daily for 12 weeks or BID x 1 week/month for 3-4 months (30 100 mg capsules=$223.77) fluconazole 150-300 mg PO once per week for 6- 12 months 1 tab= $14.00 As you can see all are fairly expensive. Liver status should be monitored during treatment. Seeing a podiatrist for nail trimming during treatment sometimes is useful. KH

More Hair Loss
Where do you see it