Feb 6, 2003
My brother who is HIV positive, with AIDS has developed a funny growth in the mouth. It started as a small thing, but it is growing day by day. Part of the inside of the upper gum is elongating and hanging downward. He is not feeling pain, but very uncomfortable with such a muscle filling up his mouth. Does he have any chance of living? He has been so much of a pillar to us. He has been told he can not start HAART until this problem is diagnosed.
Response from Dr. Henry
Yes he has a chance in living. He needs to see a good ENT doc and HIV specialist. KH
More Hair Loss
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Condom Inside Out
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Touching Penis
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Sex Toys?
- Does HIV Cause Vaginal Discharge?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.