Mar 5, 2001
Dear Doc KH,
Could the burning and aching or pain sensation at my upper back w/c lasted for 11 or 12 days be MYOSITIS?
*Myositis is an autoimmune disorder that causes inflammation of the muscles that causes muscle weakness and pain.
*myositis, which is inflammation of the muscles, either in response to viral infection or as an immune system disorder.
Awaiting & pray for your kind hypothesis & more infos. Thank you. John (",)
Response from Dr. Henry
Although it could be myositis it would be unusual for it to be located in only that location. A blood test for muscle enzymes (CK or aldolase) is a reasonable way to evaluate for significant muscle disease. First though I would recommend seeing a good primary care MD for an evaluation. KH
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
- Are Watery Eyes A Symptoms Of HIV?
- Can A Cbc Indicate Any Sign Of Hiv?
- Hiv Transmission In Lesbian Sex With Grinding Or Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.