why??

i was dianosed in october viral load 280k cd4/44 and was put on kaletra /combivir/viread on november3rd as of this month my viral load is now 2k and cd4 129 the problem is that even though i have been on my meds for 3 months i still experience horrible naseau and sometimes vomiting why is this still occuring?? it only happens in the evenings only any suggestings or advice would be greatly appericiated if i could get rid of the symptoms described i would be great!!i,m also taking bactrum and it does cause some discomfort in the stomach..help!!!

Nausea and other GI side effects are common with the regimen you are on. I like that particular regimen for its potency and ability to avoid major resistancve problems. Nausea after several months is seen in a minority of patients but is not uncommon. Once your viral load is below the detection limit your regimen can often be alterred to make it simpler and better tolerated. If the nausea is a huge issue for you and interferes with your ability to religiously take the meds then a switch of drugs sooner is in order. Taking the meds with meals and some meds (Compazine, Reglan, Marinol) are often helpful. KH

Enlarged Optic Nerves connected with HIV+
Testosterone side effects?