Anti-Diarrhea alternatives

Ever since I have been on PI's, I have had to take loperamide at the same time as my PI's, otherwise all h*** breaks loose. I tried Lomotil at one time and had trouble driving my car(pretty sensitive to meds here). I have always had loperamide prescribed to me, because for some reason, the over the counter stuff does not seem to work as well. Maybe this is all in my mind, maybe there is an additive, or the dye to the otc, that still bothers my digestive tract. Long story short, my new insurance is now refusing to pay for this because it is avaiable otc. While it would cost 40 per month(w/o insurance), insurance company copays are now getting ridiculous as I already pay 200/month just in co-pay. I guess my question is what is a cheap alternative to loperamide? Most of the stuff I have drank in the past is kind of nasty(Kaopectate and Metamucil).

Thank you.

If switching your HIV meds around is an option consider that. Other approaches that help some patients in your situation are are Calcium supplements (like Os-cal) 1-2/day or oat brain tablets. KH

Haart/Dosing while traveling to another time zone
HIV -1 Group N ??