URGH, Sleep, more sleep

Hi, My Dr put me on Vired, something called stavudine and lamivudine. Since he put me on this stuff Ive niticed I sleep all the time, and when I stretch my legs burn, almost like I'm working out, this is cinstant. I also think my legs are shringking and I'm getting a gut! I'm 5-8 135 Lbs and have been this way my entire life.. How do I avoid the gut? Is this burning normal? I'm scared of my Dr and hate calling his office other than to make appointments, and when I see him I'm almost afraid to tell him whats going on because I dont think he beleaves me. At one point I stopped taking his meds and seeing him for 4 months. I dont think its the Dr, I think its me. Is that a normal thing too?

It is crucial to have a good relationship with your HIV doc--starting and stopping meds on your own without supervision/input is not a good idea. The meds could be contributing to your symptoms (a switch to alternative meds often can help that out). If you don't feel comfortable with your current doc find one that you feel you can reach and be honest with. HIV is too tricky to have the team (doc, patient, meds) not on the same page! KH

Alternative Liver Detoxifiers other than Milk Thistle
Another side effect?