the effect of drug

Now my boyfriend takes stocrin, combid and bactrim every day. He satrted taking them since May 2002. However, he always vomits before and after meals. Besides, he always got too much wind inside his stomach. I would like to ask which supplement and medicine should I buy for him? What should he do for look after himself? Thanks

Response from Dr. Boyle

I'm not completely sure I know what you mean by the "wind inside his stomach" part, but your boyfriends nausea and vomiting are most likely related either to the Bactrim or the zidovudine (AZT) part of the Combivir. There are some medications that can help to cut down on the nausea and vomiting, and the "wind", some people encounter with these medications, and your boyfriend should call his doctor and discuss this with him/her. If the problem does not resolve with that treatment, then he should consider a treatment change.

abscess, rash and fatigue
PI's and crystals in the eyes