salty taste in mouth

I came across your response to the HIV male that is experiencing the same symptom that I have. I am 42 wf and I am not on any medications. I take a prenatal vitamin as a result of the birth of my son and I am breastfeeding. My problem began a month ago. Could this problem be harmonal? I have been drinking lots of water consistantly for 1 1/2 years but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions to the cause and treatment? Thank you for your time.

Generally breastfeeding is not recommended if you are HIV+ (this forum pertains to issues related to HIV+ status and its treatment). If your oral health is OK (dental evaluation)including good salivary gland function, then an evaluation by your HIV specialist for any metabolic or hormonal dysfunction that could cause give you that salty taste or other alterred taste sensation (dysgeusia)would be in order. Zinc deficiency is one cause of that complaint. KH

Sustiva Zombie
Peripheral Neuropathy - I Found Help!