Sustiva Zombie

Dear Doctor, Im 6 ft. 160lbs. February of 98 in hospital with PCP pneumonia where I learned of my HIV. I Started on Combivir , Crixivan , Dapsone and some antibiotic . Ive been taking Combivir and Crivivan ever since. January 03 started Sustiva with Combivir , stopped the Crixivan. My VL is 400 and my CD4 is 208. The Sustiva is sedating . Can I use a pill cutter, cut the Sustiva in half, take it 12 hours apart @ 300mg a shot as I do with the combivir to lessen its side effects. Thank You.

I don't recommend splitting the Sustiva dosing like that (you could have the Sustiva levels checked to see if they are too high)due to concerns about maintaining adequate levels of Sustiva throughout the day. You could switch to Nevirapine and or abacavir or tenofovir as another option (works best if your viral load is undetectable at the time of the switch and you haven't previously failed any therapy). KH

hiv and the appendix
salty taste in mouth