hiv and the appendix

dear dr boyle.i just had my appendix removed 2 weeks ago. my hiv viral load is undetectable. i asked my surgeon and my regular hiv dr if this would bring my t-cell count down. my t-cell count was around 825. of course my white blood cells were high due to the infection of my appendix.i had liposcopic surgery. they pumped gas in my stomach which is normal procedure. i feel very much bloated up. my dr tells me it takes a while for the air to go down out of my system. but i,ts been almost 11 days since the surgery and i,ve noticed some of the puffyness in my stomach has gone down, but not all the way. do you think that the hiv or viral load has gone up and its taking longer for me to heal?do you think that the hiv in my body caused the appendicitis? please help me

Response from Dr. Boyle

It is unlikely that this problem will have any long-term effect on your HIV disease. There is some recent data that indicate HIV patients may be more likely to get appendicitis.

hair loss & crixivan
Sustiva Zombie