What is the remedy for this?

Dear sir,

My husband is positive for 5 years. He is under treatment regularly, now he has taken Nelvir and Duovir. From the 6 months he has a diarrea at morning time only. What is the remedy for this? Is any problem from the medicine or it indicate the HIV stage? We are very worry and confusion. Please give me a answer!

Response from Dr. Boyle

I am unfamiliar with Nelvir, but presume that it means nelfinavir. A common side effect of this medication is diarrhea nad that may be the cause of your husband's diarrhea. Still, your husband should be evaluated by his doctor and have some tests run to make sure that his diarrhea is not caused by something else. If the diarrhea is caused by nelfinavir, over the counter medications such as loperamide can be helpful.

longterm effects of lomotil/immodium
hair loss & crixivan