What is a NORMAL t-count?

The changes on the site are excellent. My Q: What is considered a normal t-count? I've been on a cocktail - Viracept, DDI and 3tc - since Vira was approved. My numbers have been good, and my count has been in the 400's for more than three years. For the past several months they've shot up into the mid-700's. My doc and I have been cautiously celebrating, since we both realize how fleeting these things can be. But in this forum there have been claims of t-counts over 1,700. Is this the upper, upper end of normal, or the middle of a fantasy? I don't mean to be cynical, but after eleven years of living life on the edge, reality sometimes intermingles with the meds, if you catch my drift.

Response from Dr. Bartlett

The good news is that CD4 counts may continue increasing on antiretroviral therapy. In most labs, a normal CD4 count is considered to be 500 or greater. It is not known how high counts will continue to go, and my guess is that individual persons will have different increases. So, be positive and encouraged!

Buffalo hump updated
Please Help - At Wit's End