Buffalo hump updated

Requesting updated information on Buffalo Hump removal. I did a search, but I thought you might have some more current info. Thanks-

Even though I'm off my haart meds 3 months now in hopes of reversing my hump, it still is growing. My Doctor has endorsed removal, offering two choices. Removal by surgery, -OR- by the less invasive way of liposuction.

Questions: Does one or the other removal methods have better results? Does one or the other removal methods have less reoccurrences of the hump? Are there any other things that can tried to stop the reoccurrence of the hump after it's removal?

Thanks for your always supportive help. -Jeff

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Jeff, unfortunately no one knows the best management for a buffalo hump. I have a patient who had his hump surgically excised with a good result. Small studies of liposuction have been presented, and the results have been disappointing. Unfortunately there are no currently identified medications to make the hump go away. The bottom line is that there is no best answer and you must weigh your options without the benefit of good research to guide you.

Sharp Stomache Pain from AZT
What is a NORMAL t-count?