Sharp Stomache Pain from AZT

My doctor is starting me back on AZT. The only side-effect I have had from it in the past is a sharp unbearable stomache pain even though I always take it with food. And that is why I went off of AZT several years ago. I'm hoping this time it will eventually subside after continued use. My question is, can you recommend any herb or supplement that would alleviate this symptom?

Response from Dr. Bartlett

AZT certainly can cause GI side effects. The most commonly employed method of diminishing symptoms is to take AZT with food. I am not aware of a specific herb or medication that would be likely to diminish these symptoms, but trial and error might identify a possible solution.

Other side effects Viramune
Buffalo hump updated