Other side effects Viramune

Dear docter, i am an 44 year old HIV+ male. Started meds in 1996. Last I was on Combivir and Viracept. My CD4 count is stable around 390 and VL <50 since 1996. Because of intestal problems my doc put me op Viramune + Combivir. BUT....The espected side effects of rash and fever never appeared....in place I have sleeplessniss, dizzynisss, concentrationprobelems and a feeling all the time that I am falling down. Also my brains feel hot all the time and burning eyes. I was told by friends that these side effects are commonly caused by Sustiva. Is it possible that Viramune also have these side effects? When I switched to Virmune I was also on an anabolic steroids cyclus that ended two weeks ago. Could there be interaction also that is causing the problem? Many thaks in advance....from Europe...ER

Response from Dr. Bartlett

The problems you describe would be more common with Sustiva. However, they are also non-specific and can be caused by many different medications. I would suggest reviewing your list with your doctor, and perhaps you can try brief trials off meds to see if that reverses the symptoms. Importantly, I would only do this under the supervision of your health care provider.

Rencent increase in BP, Chol. & Triglyc.
Sharp Stomache Pain from AZT