Hair loss

Is hairloss a side-effect of anti-HIV medication? I'm a 35 year old, otherwise healthy and fit man and have been taking a two NTI one PI combination for the past four year, without any great side-effects. However, I've noticed that the hair on my legs, chest and head is falling out. And I had no evidence of male-pattern baldness before taking anti-HIV drugs - any ideas?

Yes-some patients seem to have accelerated hair loss on certain antiretrovirals. Seems to be fairly individual but I have seen the most hair concerns for patients on 3TC and indinavir. If you have options for other drugs switching around sometimes can sort that out and help determine if a particular drug is responsible for that problem. KH

PN Questions
FATIGUE AND MUSCLE PAIN