chromium

I get confused with the different stages of diabetes. i am going to join a gym n the next month to stop the seditary lifestyle which is one of biggies for type 2 diabetes. I don't know if I am a prediabetic or just heading in that direction. I read where chromium is the #1 sales product at GNC and people are using it to rid glucose from the bloodstream.I understand that it activates insulin,but in an early stage of type2 diabetes is hyperinsulinism. would chromim hender the body if it is over insulinated? or is it safe anyway in helping get glucose out of the blood stream. Another question on the herb "catsclaw" It is supposed to regenerate white blood cells. what do you think about this one?-thanks craig gartman

Response from Dr. Boyle

Like most alternative therapies, the evidence for these claims is a little thin. Still, taken in reasonable amounts, neither of these is likely to be harmful and may be somewhat helpful. If you are concerned regarding diabetes, you should discuss this with your doctor as there are tests that can be done to evlauate for this condition. Also, if you have a problem with low white blood cells, there are very effective therapies available for this condition, and catsclaw is not one of them.

Sudden appearance of body rash - HIV related?
RE: PN pain & numbness