Sudden appearance of body rash - HIV related?

I was diagnosed with HIV about 7 years ago. I have been relatively healthy and have never been hospitalized for HIV-related illnesses, or used any medications whatsoever. In the last two weeks, I have developed a body rash on my arms, back, lower back, chest, and legs. Sometimes, the skin is raised. At other times, it is flat, and red, and blotchy. It is at its worst just before bed and after I wake up. Could this be HIV-related, or am I just paranoid?

Rashes are very common in the general population and more common still in HIV infected persons. Skin conditions commonly seeni n HIV infected persons include severe dry skin, seborrhea, folliculitis, and fungal skin infections. Correctly diagnosing and treating those and other causes of rashes can be a challenge and generally requires a physical examination and a good history. Often the help of a skin specialist is invaluable. KH

PN pain & numbness