PN pain & numbness

HI, I have a queston about PN. I know that it starts in the feet. Does it start with a feeling of constant itchy feet and then turn into sharp little pains? And also, once it is in the hands, is it an occasional numbness in fingers with swollen joint feeling or is it a constant numbness feeling? I wake up in the morning with stiff hands and my left one is numb-almost the entire hand. I also have noticed that if I am sitting indian style my feet seem to fall asleep easier. Is this common of the beginnings of PN? THanks!

Response from Dr. Boyle

No, what you are describing is unlikely to be peripheral neuropathy. Peripheral neuropathy is usually a relatively constant numbness or pain, although the intensity may vary.

Headaches, itchy skin, eczema, blindness in eye
Sudden appearance of body rash - HIV related?