Weight gainers and meds

I am on viracept,viread,videx ec .And I am loosing weight I want to start to go to the gym to try and put the weight back on .I wanted to know if taking weight gainers would be ok with the meds. or should I ask my doctor to put me on oxandrin or is any one of the two safe . Thank you for you time .

How to approach your weight loss depends on numerous factors. Are you losing fat, muscle, both? What is your current diet, exercise, and hormonal status? The use of androgens is not without expense and risks. I would check your testosterone level and seek a consultation with a nutritionist. If your lean muscle mass is not decreased and your testosterone levels are mid-normal than androgen/testosterone replacement may not be indicated. The role of ddI and tenofovir re: weight changes/fat distribution is not clear since that is a relatively new combination seeing use only recently. I am concerned about the long-term liver and cardiac safety of androgens used only to bulk up muscles but withour clear loss of lean body mass. I usually recommend increasing exercise and protein intake as the first steps (consider getting a consult from a body trainer). KH

creatine
Headaches, itchy skin, eczema, blindness in eye