It's starting again

After nine months off medication, I have started a new regime (t/250 VL 40,000) of Sustiva, Kaletra, Epivir and Viread.

Things were going ok for the first week, but now am getting double wammy of side effects. CNS from Sustiva is mild, and hopefully will improve. I am not too worried.

But the Kaletra is making me go to the bathromm up to 15-20 times a day.

Two issues....First, is there anything I can do? Will it get better over time? Doc says I can't switch, since I've done other PI's (I am positive it is the Norvir...it tears me up!!)

Second, does all this diarreha effect the absorption of my other medications. It is so constant, I am worried the other drugs are going right through me.

I need help. I can't stand this, but feel I have no options. (Have used Fortavase, Norovir, 3tc, azt, DDI, DDC, D4t all in thepast, with some resistence to all.

Others around me are not finding me very pleasant. My partner has had it up to here!

Yipes! Some folks have a very difficult time tolerating ritonavir. It sometimes does get better over time. Taking calcium supplements (i.e. 1-2 Oscals/day), Fiber tablets (either oat bran or Fibercon) also helps some. Taking Immodium on a regular basis for a while (i.e. 1-2 twice a day) and then tying to taper is often successful. It may also be worthwhile checking to see if you have any GI infections aggravating the problem. Alas, for some--nothing works very well but the majority of patients find some relief with one of the measures mentioned above. Good luck. KH

neuropathy infeet/legs
Crixivan and food