DHEA

Can you tell me if DHEA has a positive effect towards HIV treatment? I take 100 mg. per day of DHEA as well as Combivir (150mg) twice a day and Sustiva (600mg) at night, my T-cells have gone from the low 20's to just over 500 in 26 months and my viral load is undetectable. I have told my physician about this and he said he saw no reason to discontinue or continue, taking the DHEA, it was up to me. Thank you

There is very little good published data so I would concur with your doc. A good discussion about DHEA is found in Jon Kaiser's book HIV Immunity. A good website for alternative therapies is www.daair.org

KH

PN...
What is the average timeframe of progression of HIV to AIDs related illnesses, even when using antiviral medication?