Nov 14, 2002
Does ribavirin cross the blood brain barrier? Does Interferon? And what about in combo? Is a person infected with a CNS virus like herpes zoster more likely to have their HCV or HIV infection enter the brain?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Ribavirin slowly diffuses into the brain (CSF) reported to reach 70% of plasma levels after 4-7 weeks of treatment. Their is no data that I am aware of that says that a CNS virus like herpes zoster increases ribavirin levels in the cerebrospinal fluid. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Neuropathy After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Use Triple Antibiotic Ointment On Genital Warts?
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.