Nov 14, 2002
Does ribavirin cross the blood brain barrier? Does Interferon? And what about in combo? Is a person infected with a CNS virus like herpes zoster more likely to have their HCV or HIV infection enter the brain?
Response from Dr. Henry
Ribavirin slowly diffuses into the brain (CSF) reported to reach 70% of plasma levels after 4-7 weeks of treatment. Their is no data that I am aware of that says that a CNS virus like herpes zoster increases ribavirin levels in the cerebrospinal fluid. KH
HIV RNA test center in los angeles?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What Antibiotics Can Be Used To Cure Chlamydia?
- Can A Uti Cause A False Positive On Chlamydia Tests?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
- Timeline Of Herpes Transmission
- Things That Look Like Herpes But Are Not
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.