New meds

My viral load is 350,000 and CD4 is 200. My dodtor wants to start ma on Videx-EC, Viread,and Viracept, What do you think about this combonation I read some things on this site about some side effects of Viread & Videx-ec I printed it and took it to him but he said that I shoud not worry about it. I would like to have you opinion on this. I have been on a lot of drugs and I have had a rough time with side effects. Thank you in advance .

It depends on what drugs you have been on before and the level of resistance your HIV has developed to drugs. Often a resistance test is helpful especially if you are still on drugs to establish which drugs are not likely to provide much help. If you have been on several protease inhibitors already nelfinavir usually is not very active and a ritonavir boosted single or double PI regimen is often necessary. Many of the regimens that need to be used in the setting of resistance are more complicated and associated with more side effects that regimens used earlier-that is a real issue but one that can often be worked through. KH

Treatment naive, is this an indicator i need to start?
My eyebrows are falling out