Nov 13, 2002
When a child has HIV, with reasonable labs,and on meds(vl<50=;cd4=34)will the hiv cause neurological changes over time, even when immune stable? Thank you kindly for this site!!!
| Response from Dr. Henry
If the CD4 count is 34 (was that the % CD4 cells or the absolute count?)despite an undetectable viral load that is still a problem and puts the child at risk for a wide range of AIDS related complications including central nervous system disorders. If the child has developed normally to date and the virus is under good control then there is hope that the child could continue normal neurologic development. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Purple Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Headache After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.