|cysts on liver
Nov 8, 2002
dear drs. i had a occupational needle stick from a know hiv patient. iwas consisder high risk and given a prophy of three drugs; crixivan 400mg, epivir 150mg, and retrovir 100 mg. i have recently had a cat scan of my abdomen and they have now found cysts on my liver, none were seen at a previos exam. is there a relationship between the drugs and the cysts? thank you for your time.
Response from Dr. Henry
Liver cysts from a short course of antiretroviral therapy has not been previously reported so I doubt the liver cysts (often an incidental finding) are unrelated to the drug exposure. KH
- What To Use For Shingles On Neck?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Are The Short-term Effects Of Syphilis?
- What Antibiotics To Take For Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.