can an increase in dosage cause new SE?
Nov 6, 2002
I am the adoptive mom of two HIV+ boys. Recently one guy, (3yo) increased his doses for growth, but no change in meds. (AZT,3TC,Viramune)I have noticed a profound decrease in his appetite and increase in diarrhea. Can this be from the med change.
Response from Dr. Henry
That is possible but would be somewhat unusual with the meds he is taking. I would make sure his HIV doc evaluates him soon if those symptoms persist. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- After Contracting Vaginal Thrush How Soon Do Symptons Occur
- How Long Can Hiv Hide In A Person's Blood?
- Negative Hiv Test After Window Period Should I Retest
- Regular Blood Testing Picks Up Some Abnormalities Caused By Hiv
- What Does It Mean If You Hiv Test Comes Back Nonreactive?
- What Does Serum Hiv Antibody Status Non Reactive Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.