Lipoic acid safe?
Oct 31, 2002
I am on a regime of Zadovudine, Lamivudine and Efavirenz and am thinking of taking a supplement of lipoic acid. I would value your opinion on whether you thought this wise. Do you no of any unwanted interaction with my meds? Many thanks for your help, Robert
Response from Dr. Henry
Lipoic acid is a popular anti-oxidant . There is not alot of firm evidence regarding its benefits though there are lots of claims. It has been used by some patients with hepatitis C. For standard doses, it is generally safe and would be OK to use with the regimen you are considering. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Cause White Cell In Urine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.