Oct 25, 2002
Hi: is a whitish, foamy, slimy and with high density (almost solid after few minutes) sputum a side effect of AZT or lamivudine? Can it be a symptom of seroconversion? Or a sign of progression of the disease (maybe related to candidiasis?)
Response from Dr. Henry
Sputum characteristics like you described are not associated with AZT or 3TC treatment and are a sign of HIV seroconversion. A good general medical history and examination is usually the place to start if there is a significant change in a person's sputum. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Blowjob From A Prostitute Safe?
- Blisters After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Shingles After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.