Night sweats....

Doc. Boyle,

Thank-you for the great service you provide for people like myself. I cannot begin to explain how greatful we all are to you and your collegues on this website. The info. you provide to us all help us better understand this killer of a virus. The question I have for you is, how common are night sweats within the first 1-3 years after possible infection? I have read many times on the internet that they are most common in the seroconversion phase of the illness (1-6 weeks) and later in the ARC-symptomatic phase, do you agree? If so what percennatge () of the HIV+ population experience them within 1-2 1/2 years after possible infection? What may the intervals be..nightly..every other night..acouple of times a week? My friend of mine has been HIV+ for about 2 years and suffers from profuse night sweats. He is on medication and I am wondering if any of the drugs can cause the night sweats? I suspect that I am HIV+ also but to scared to test. I have been extremely stressed and anxious about this over the last 7 months. I got night sweats for the first time 6 1/2 months, twice in that week. This week, Saturday, Sunday and yesterday I have had night sweats and don't know what to make of it. Assuming I am +, is this common or can it be due to the stress and anxiety? I realize this may sound like a worried well question to you but I am really scared.

Your symptoms are non-specific and do not necessarily indicate that you are HIV infected. If you are not, then an HIV test will clear our worry. If you are HIV+, then treatment can protect your health.

Is it OK to drop DDI from my regimen?
Sputum