HIV meds side-effects

Are combivir or viramune linked to high cholesterol levels...I have had PCP twice and now I take combivir/viramune...My ID doctor has me go to a MD to have a EKG and a stress test done because my cholesterol level is high...The general MD sends me to have a stress test, but won't this procedure as HIV related which means Ryan White won't pay for the test...Do you agree that my high cholesterol isn't related to my HIV meds?

Response from Dr. Boyle

Yes, I agree that it is unlikely that your cholesterol elevation is related to your HIV medications. However, if you had baseline levels that signficantly rose after antiretroviral therapy was started, I might change my mind. Generally, though Combivir and Nevirapine are not linked to significant elevations in lipids (cholesterol and trigrlycerides).

herbs
Muscle Cramps