Dreams of the past on Sustiva

I am a former drug addict who has been clean for over three years. I have switched from a PI regime to Sustiva about four months ago. I have found that I dream about past drug use very frequently. For quite a while it was almost every night. These dreams are quite disturbing because they are so vivid and very real. In fact they aren't even nightmares. It's as though I'm literally re-living the past through the Sustiva. Has anyone else has this? If so, what is the solution? I saw a counsellor and it helped somewhat but I am still experiencing this four months later. Thanks

What you described certainly sounds like a persistent Sustiva effect. Sometimes trazadone or lorazepam for a while can break that cycle. Switching to nevirapine is often successful in maintaining viral control while improving the CNS effect if it is bothersome enough. KH

hiv life expectancy
HIV Meds and Heart Problems