Lipo

Thanks for all the time you put into this great site and I can never thank you all enough for your help. I just read one of your responses to a lipo question and you stated that everyone was frustrated. I wonder sometimes if people realize how debilitating lipo is. I have been + since 89 and have been on meds till three years ago. The last four years have been a living hell and pure misery because of lipo. I have tried everything and I still look like a ghoul. It is painful to go out in public.I have always excercised and eat properly. I gained 60lbs in a month. I cant wear dress shirts because my neck size has gone from 16 to 24. Waist from 34 to 44. Icant work anywhere where i would have to wear a tie and coat. I have had liposuction twice and have tried all the drugs. Metaformin(1year) and Serostim (1year)are worthless. I have been off hiv drugs for over two years and will not go back on them until we know for sure of the long term side effects. I am sure the drugs did this and I wish there was some financial recourse against the drug companies or crazy aids groups who forced these untested drugs on doctors before side effects were known. I have always been a very positive person but this is starting to get tough. Where are all the aids activists on this issue? I dont know that I ever have but I know I will never look twice at a fat person or deformed person again.

Your heartfelt comments are appreciated. There needs to be a renewed committment to activism on many subjects relating to HIV therapy not the least of which are the metabolic problems. KH

Lipodystrophy and Hypertention
hiv life expectancy