Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Lipo
Oct 2, 2002

Thanks for all the time you put into this great site and I can never thank you all enough for your help. I just read one of your responses to a lipo question and you stated that everyone was frustrated. I wonder sometimes if people realize how debilitating lipo is. I have been + since 89 and have been on meds till three years ago. The last four years have been a living hell and pure misery because of lipo. I have tried everything and I still look like a ghoul. It is painful to go out in public.I have always excercised and eat properly. I gained 60lbs in a month. I cant wear dress shirts because my neck size has gone from 16 to 24. Waist from 34 to 44. Icant work anywhere where i would have to wear a tie and coat. I have had liposuction twice and have tried all the drugs. Metaformin(1year) and Serostim (1year)are worthless. I have been off hiv drugs for over two years and will not go back on them until we know for sure of the long term side effects. I am sure the drugs did this and I wish there was some financial recourse against the drug companies or crazy aids groups who forced these untested drugs on doctors before side effects were known. I have always been a very positive person but this is starting to get tough. Where are all the aids activists on this issue? I dont know that I ever have but I know I will never look twice at a fat person or deformed person again.

Response from Dr. Henry

Your heartfelt comments are appreciated. There needs to be a renewed committment to activism on many subjects relating to HIV therapy not the least of which are the metabolic problems. KH

Previous
Lipodystrophy and Hypertention
Next
hiv life expectancy

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.