skin bumps & diarrhea

Hello my names Luis and I'm HIV+ and also have been diagnosed with Colitis in my large intestine. My med cocktail is COMBIVIR,SULFAMETH/TRIM,VALCYTE,VIREAD,LOMOTIL. I to have been suffering from some annoying side effects like diarrhea & skin bumps that blister then pop when scratched or rubbed against, they're mostly on my arms and neck a few on my legs and stomach. They appear in small groups witch are smaller in size or as singles witch are larger about the size of an unsharpened pencil tip, they appear quicker & more often especially on hot days or when I sweat alot. I recently asked my docter to change my HIV med's to see if their was a connection, I changed from my SUSTIVA to VIREAD and to my surprise, the bumps decreased greatly their not gone completely, but have gone down from 40 to 60 per arm to 7 to 10 per arm. As for the diarrhea i suspect it's the colitis but after reading your suggestions to others I feel there may be hope for that as well. glad I found this site. I'll be refering it to my doc.

The skin bumps could be some form of folliculitis which can be a challenge to effectively treat (a visit to an HIV experienced skin specialist often a good idea). The HIV drugs you are now on rarely cause colitis per se. I assume you have been evaluated for infections (parasitic, etc.), malabsorption, lactose deficiency, pancreatitis, etc). KH

Past Accutane use, Combivir, and liver/pancreas toxicit
hiv meds